Home » , , , , , , , , , , , » HAIR DIARY 07th FEBRUARY 2011

HAIR DIARY 07th FEBRUARY 2011

Written By Unknown on Saturday 26 March 2011 | 17:07


Do Sisters REALLY Support Each Other?
(The Morning After My Evening Out)

It went pretty well last night. 

I can't lie though, some of the initial reactions were ones of silence or oblivion.
Maybe that’s a good thing maybe a bad thing. Maybe some people genuinely noticed something was different but didn’t clock straight away what it was.

Question: Is it strange that I noticed that the most embracing comments about my hair came from my white female friends…but my black friends and white male friends seem a little more reserved at first??
I don’t know what that was about.

That’s not to say I didn’t get compliments from my black friends but I was surprised at the number of black friends who seemed shocked into silence as opposed to having not noticed. 

Having said that, I was surprised by the number of black female friends, who not only encouraged me but said how much they really wanted to do the same.
I know how they feel.

Why is being us, something we have to get the courage to do?



Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell