Home » , , , , , , , , » Party-Time Preparation & A Fear of Frizz

Party-Time Preparation & A Fear of Frizz

Written By Unknown on Saturday 14 May 2011 | 18:23



PARTY-TIME PREPARATION
& A FEAR OF FRIZZ



Ok, am I the only one who worries about my natural hair surviving a whole night out? I've been asking this on Facebook also, so either leave a comment here or click the link to leave a comment on the FB page:

CLICK HERE for: CRYSTAL AFRO on FACEBOOK!
I was wondering because yesterday I was getting ready to go out and once I was ready, I started getting worried, like "Ahh what if its too hot in the venue and my hair frizzes out!? Noo!"




I'd twisted my hair the night before but would the twist outs last?
 
I battled past these thoughts and left the house anyway. 
I had a really great time at my friend's launch party for his company Electric Labs (anyone need to have an app designed for the i phone, go to him.)




Electric Labs logo cupcakes

It was at Soho House London, and was a wonderful night with lots of compliments on my hair from friends that I hadn't seen in a while.
Dignified as usual, lol
I had so much fun last night.
On the way back home I saw this young lady with her beautiful hair. I had to compliment her cos it looked Fab! Prior to our journey home we had been complete strangers!! BUT thanks to Sisterhood of #Teamnatural I had a really interesting and fun ride home.
Natural ladies riding the London Night bus

Much to my Pleasure my hair lasted the whole night without frizzing out and even lasted through till today....

shame about the face! lol


I guess part of this hair journey involves venturing down roads u never knew existed like the path of TRUST. I'd never thought about it before and it definitely wasn't something I thought I'd have to learn but I am. 
Im learning to trust my natural hair.

For anyone wanting to know how I got my hair like this, here's the routine:

1.) Wash:
Washed my hair with Keracare Sulphate-free Hydrating and Detangling Shampoo.



2.) Deep Condition:
Followed up the wash Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner. I leave that in and cover my hair with a plastic cap and sit under heat for about 20-25mins.Then I rinsed and towel blotted my hair. (I prefer this as I dont like using heat to dry my hair.)




3.) Leave-In Condition:
While my hair was still a little wet I applied my Leave-In Conditioner - Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream.



 4.) Seal:
I melt some some of my 100% pure Shea Butter with Almond Oil, and then apply that to my hair to seal in the moisture. I tend to leave my hair for about 5mins before styling.





 5.) Style: I then began twisting my hair and applied a small amount of Eco Styler Gel Olive Oil, to each section as I twisted it.


I did it before bed and then slept with a silk head-scarf on. I left the twists in until about half an hour before I had to leave the house the next evening, cos thats just cos Im so last minute.

Hope that helps, Im off to recover!
Luv Crystal Afro xx
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell