ACV

Written By Unknown on Wednesday 14 September 2011 | 09:41

Apple Cider Vinegar Trial

OK guys, As you may know I was VERY EXCITED last month when I finally found a shop that sold the cloudy ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) which I've heard is the best kind to use as a natural remedy on hair. So here's the routine I used  to do my 1st ACV Rinse.
(N.B: I tried this ACV aprx one month ago. My ACV routine has since improved - See last paragraph!)
1.) Pre-Poo
  • Pre-poo'd with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Finger de-tangled and sectioned into 6 plaits. (I usually have 3 on each side.)

Cover with plastic over night...

2.) Scrub
(next morning...)
  • Finger parted sections and gently scrubbed with toothbrush. (I re-plait each of the sections after scrubing.)
Rinse...

3.) Shampoo
  • Shampoo'd with Giovanni's 50:50 (I like to leave my hair in the sectioned plaits as I shampoo as suggested by Chicoro in Grow It! Click Here. However today I undid and shampooed each section just to be extra thorough, then re-plaited.)
Rinse...

4.) *THE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR*
  • I prepared 1 part ACV to 5 parts water. (i.e for every Tablespoon of ACV you put in the bottle, you then add 5 Tablespoons of water.)
  • Applied the diluted ACV to scalp and over hair using an applicator bottle.
  • Leave for 2 to 3 minutes.
  • Rinsed out with water.


*Mini Review*
Wow!! Straight after my hair felt SO soft and looked very clean.
Not sure if the whole porosity thing has improved. To me it feels like it dried pretty quickly but this is only the first trial.

5.) Deep Condition
  • I used Giovanni conditioner 50:50 
  • Applied to each section and combed through. 
  • Re-plaited into the 6 sections.

Rinse...

6.) Leave-In Conditioner
  • I used Mane 'n' Tail as a leave-in conditioner.
  • Applied to each section and combed through. 
  • Separated into chunky sections using bands.

*Mini Review*
(This product doesn't leave my hair feeling that great and its a pretty poor detangler by comparison to KCNT and Cantu Shea Butter, but its on a 4 week trial so I'll wait until then to give a fair product review. However I did notice that it took a little while for the product to soak into my hair.)

7.) Seal
I always seal my hair with a mix of natural oils.
As Usual Pure Shea Butter was my base and then some almond oil, coconut oil and castor oil.
Plus...
At time I originally wrote this I was determined to kick this dandruff problem so I also wet a cotton pad with water then added a few drops of Tea-tree essential oil. I then dabbed that along some of the partings of my hair once I finished styling.

Whooo! That Tea-Tree tingle!!
Gona research the Tea-Tree thing a little more and do a post.

*1 WEEK LATER...*
Following the ACV Treatment my hair felt incredibly soft. I've since decided to incorporate ACV's as part of my bi-mothly regime simply because of how soft it left my hair feeling.

3 days after my first ACV I tried it again but this time without pre-pooing or scrubbing and with a ratio of 3 parts ACV to 5 parts Water; and I left it in for about 15 minutes before rinsing.
My scalp is so clean after AVC rinses, but still lacked the right moisturiser. The search continued...



Coming Soon:
  • Naturalhair Shopping Success
  • Tea-Tree Oil
  • Root-2-Tip Scalp Hydration

P.S Wud Luv U 2 Subscribe x
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell