Home » , , , » Afro's & Arts

Afro's & Arts

Written By Unknown on Wednesday 21 September 2011 | 08:12

AFRO HAIR in ART & DESIGN
At THE "?CHOICES!" EXHIBITION
I've mentioned this exhibition a few times on twitter mainly because I've fallen in love with it. The ?Choices! exhibition is part of the African and African Caribbean Design Diaspora Festival and runs until the 25th of September, however the Festival continues into October. Find out more about AACDD on the official website: www.AACDD.org
I've been twice already and am planning to return again. I found so many inspiring pieces at the exhibition.




 
"What I hear most that makes me feel like I've done something worthwhile is that women of colour can look at my representation of the female and see themselves..." (Artist Brianna McCarthy, ARC Magazine)




 "...values such as freedom, courage, aesthetic, excellence and independence." (Artist Ameena McConnell)


"As for most artists the subject of identity is one of the main concepts explored in my work." (Artist Nadine Walker)











 The exhibition is on at Bargehouse, Oxo Tower Wharf, SE1 9PH. It's pretty much under the Oxo Tower, just walk along the Southbank. I'd definitely encourage you to go check it out and I just might see you there.
To find out more about the AACDD Festival click here: www.AACDD.org




P.S Wud Luv U 2 Subscribe x
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell