Home » , , » Natural Hair Art

Natural Hair Art

Written By Unknown on Monday 17 October 2011 | 10:15

NATURAL HAIR ART
By LOCAL ARTIST

So far this autumn I've had some really lovely weekends, most of which have been related somehow to natural hair. The following day, after Naturally Fabulous I enjoyed a lazy day winding down from the excitement while strolling around Wandsworth on an art trail.
I went to check out the work by Artist Ken McCalla who was exhibiting work in his home, as part of as part of the "Wandsworth Artists Open House" Event.

I have to say I'm so glad I made the effort to go as the art was amazing and much of it was inspired by natural hair.









It turns out Ken also had prints of his work on sale on the day as well as books, bookmarks and cards and carvings.
cards
carvings
bookmarks (I bought the Garvey bookmark)


I'd spotted this one online and was desperate to get it for my friend who is pregnant. I gave it to her at her baby shower yesterday, and I'm so glad she liked it. 

I really want to get back in touch with Ken, so I can buy some of his other prints for myself. You can check out his website for more of his work or contact him here:


P.S Wud Luv U 2 Subscribe x
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell