Home » , , , , » Afros in Art - Rasheed Bushura

Afros in Art - Rasheed Bushura

Written By Unknown on Thursday 5 April 2012 | 02:12

Afros in Art
*Mini Blog Post*

I was in the Rich Mix in Bethnal Green yesterday, about to get settled with my laptop and a £2 pot of afternoon tea, when the picture above caught my eye.
Im officially turning into my mother! The same way she used to get all excited when a Black person appeared on TV, is the same way I get excited nowadays when I spot natural hair (albeit a lot less vocally).

The detail of the girl's hair struck a cord with me, as tends to happen when I spot art works depicting Afro hair, so I ventured down the stairs to have a look at the exhibition.


It turns out the Artist was present and had just opened the exhibition today!
Artist Rasheed Bushura (right) and naturalista Sandra (left)

Its a small exhibition but I really liked a lot of Rasheed's work.
The exhibition is on until next Wednesday 11th and is FREE, so if you get a chance go have a look.
Exhibition:
Study of The Human Visage by Rasheed Bushura

at The Cafe Gallery, Rich Mix, Bethnal Green Rd, London E1


Art appreciation and a spot of afternoon tea - How terribly cultured of me! Lol

Links:
Rasheed Bushura Blog
P.S Wud Luv U 2 Subscribe x
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell