June Jubilee pt1 - Beautiful Textures Launch

Written By Unknown on Monday 11 June 2012 | 05:20

JUNE JUBILEE EVENT REVIEWS pt.I
BEAUTIFUL TEXTURES LAUNCH
Its been a couple of weeks since I updated the blog but I hope you guys can forgive me. I've been busy attending as many natural hair events as I possibly could in order to bring you back all the latest. I previously posted about June's hectic hair schedule and its not quite over yet, but I'd just like to say "Thank You!" and "You're welcome" to everyone who came up to me recently to let me know they found out about the events via this blog - Im just glad I can help. (Click for the Natural Hair Events Page)
For those who were unable to attend, check out the blog every day this week for a glimpse of what's been happening in the world of #teamnaturalUK this month, and you can see all the photos over on my Crystal Afro Facebook page.

BEAUTIFUL TEXTURES LAUNCH PARTY
The first event I have to report back about is the Beautiful Textures Launch Party at Bar Soho.
This took place on 31st of May and was a fabulous spring board into the following month of celebrations. The night was organised by Lukwesa of online store Gidore. Celebrity stylist and natural hair expert Felica Leatherwood was also present and giving demo's of how to use the products. 
Lukwesa Burak
Felicia Leatherwood
There are 7 products to choose from in the Beautiful Textures range including a shampoo, conditioners, and styling products, and its suggested that you mix and match to find the perfect cocktail for your hair. As yet I've only tried the Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Leave-In Conditioner which I'll post a review on soon.
There are a couple of key points made about the product range - firstly the fact that it aims to be beneficial to a mixture of hair textures, and secondly the price.
It seems the company has made a conscious effort to keep the prices as low as possible, and I must admit, part of the reason I had bought the Leave-In prior  to the launch, was because it was under a fiver! 
After an introduction to the products and a talk about how they work, the rest of the night was left to us to eat drink and be merry, and with a room full of familiar faces and an FREE BAR!!!! we definitely made the most of it. 
My Hair
My hair on the day was a semi-reverted blow-out. I did one chunky flat twist with some of the hair at the back, leaving the rest out to the side, and a second chunky flat twist across the front. It was a last minute experiment that some how worked so I will try and recreate it soon.
Check out all the photos from the night on the Crystal Afro Facebook page >>Here<<
(L-R: Wunmi, Ketisha & Belinda)
(L-R: Namoi, Rachy & Ketisha)
The Beautiful Textures Team
Lukwesa and the Beautiful Textures team definitely know how to take care of their guests. The free bar was the best, the cocktails were fab, the music was great and they were still good enough to give us goody bags containing 2 full size items from the range. 
Myself and Ketisha were officially the last ladies to leave the party, and Im not even ashamed to admit it. It was a brilliant night and a fantastic way to kick start June.
The UKs crazy naturals with Ms Felicia Leatherwood
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell