Home » , , , , , , , , » Product Review: Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Balancing Conditioner

Product Review: Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Balancing Conditioner

Written By Unknown on Thursday 30 August 2012 | 03:14

Product Review:
SHEA MOISTURE
ORGANIC AFRICAN BLACK SOAP BALANCING CONDITIONER

On My Hair:
I was really excited about trying my first ever Shea Moisture product, but after using it for over a month, I would describe my experience as underwhelming.
In all honesty I wasn't overly impressed, and I think I enjoyed using this product because of the name more than anything else. Once I really took a moment to think about it properly, and after almost finishing the bottle I think I can honestly say I was underwhelmed.
I'd really been looking forward to trying my first ever Shea Moisture product especially after hearing so many other people speak so highly of it, but in the end I don't think it did much for me.

Price:
I paid £10 for it at the Multi-Textures Workshop Event earlier this year. Im beginning to realise that most of the conditioners that come pretty well recommended tend to be around £10 these days, especially if they're organic, so I didn't feel too bad about it.

Texture & Smell:
I think the texture was a bit too light for my hair. I also found that once I applied it to my hair it became a bit foamy, and didn't give me as much slip as I'd like for combing it through.

At first I was unsure about the smell, but I've since decided I like it. It has a very sweet scent which hit me immediately, but it is also mixed with a kind of woody smell. It's a really difficult one to explain but I'm actually quite addicted to it now.

Ingredients:
Deionized Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, African Black Soap Extract, Behentrimonium Chloride, Salicylic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia chinensis seed (Jojoba) Oil, Sorbitol Esters, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Plantain Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract
*= Certified Organic Ingredient

Conclusions:
I wouldn't buy this product again but I'm not going to give up on Shea Moisture products completely; I'm still looking forward to trying a different range from the Shea Moisture brand.
Also, I cant remember who I heard it from, but someone did tell me that they dilute some of their Shea Moisture conditioner with water and spritz it on as a Leave-In so I may try that with the remnants of my bottle.



Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell