Home » , , , , , , , , , » I Have A Question About Beyonce & Hair

I Have A Question About Beyonce & Hair

Written By Unknown on Monday 8 October 2012 | 10:16

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT
BEYONCE & HAIR...
Yesterday at H.A.I.R a man in the audience made a very interesting comment and basically said that since Beyonce came out wearing braids earlier this year, he is now seeing loads more girls wearing them. 
Until yesterday when I heard him say it, I'd never thought about Beyonce's braids too much. I think I had noticed a few more females rocking box braids this year than last year, or the year before but I never made any link between the two. 

On the one hand I'm kicking myself because I feel so strongly about being aware of the powerful influence of mainstream media and culture; yet having said that, I wonder if Beyonce's braids really are responsible for an increase in this particular protective style. What do you make of the suggestion? 

Are more females rocking braids this year because of Beyonce?
Have you noticed it, or maybe you've done it? Was the guy in the audience unfairly accusing so many women of merely behaving as sheep or was he right, and have I just been a bit slow to make the connection? 
What do you think?

(sidenote: saying/typing braids feels so uncomfortable to me. I call them plaits or extensions but maybe that's probably just a British thing.)
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell