The Weekend's Hair & Afrocenchix Pop-Up Shop

Written By Unknown on Tuesday 29 January 2013 | 00:30

THE WEEKEND'S HAIR
& AFROCENCHIX POP-UP SHOP

If you've been checking in on the Natural Hair Events Page >Here< you'll know that Afrocenchix held a Pop-Up Shop on Saturday afternoon in Blackfriars. I really hope there'll be more Pop-Ups this year, as I prefer to cut out the cost of postage & packaging, and the products are usually on special offer, making them even cheaper than normal. The Moi Moisture I bought is usually £14.99, but it was on offer for £9.99.
The other great thing about the Pop-Up shop is the opportunity to meet the faces behind the brand and meet other people. It's nice to be able to have a chat about the products and different ways of using them to get the best results etc. I was pleased to meet two other natural hair youtubers that you can also check out: TyroneRodriguezUno and RCIYAH.

My Hair:
I had some lovely compliments on my hair that day, so I decided to film a quick video about it when I got home that night. As soon as I edit it I'll put it up on my YouTube Channel that you can check out >here<.
As you'll see in the video, the style was yet another experiment/ style trial.
It consisted of:
2 rows of 4 twists at the front
3 rows of flat twists on both sides of my head
and then the rest of my hair was more medium/chunky 2 strand twists, but I took a lot less time of those, than the ones at the front.
I did all the twisting the night before, using KeraCare Natural Textures Butter Cream and a bit of water and JBCO. I've recently started using these hair clips to set my twists at the root when they're wet/damp, and my twists seem to be much better as a result.
In the morning I pinned the twists at random in the back, and rolled the 8 twists at the front backwards, and pinned them into place.
(I hope that makes sense. Look for the vid, where I explain it more clearly.)
Thanks to everyone who said they liked it! I'm planning to try and repeat it again soon.

Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell