Home » , , , » "Thirst" Natural Birthday

"Thirst" Natural Birthday

Written By Unknown on Tuesday 18 October 2011 | 17:44

MY "THIRST"
NATURAL BIRTHDAY



Last Friday it was my Birthday and many of you sent me Happy Birthday wishes, so I just thought I'd take this opportunity to say a BIG THANK YOU to you ALL!!
Thanks to Pelumi Rae of Care For Your Hair for this. xx
I was so surprised when I opened my card from my boyfriend in the morning, he always tries to get me cards with black girls or women on the front and if he can find them, with natural hair, and on Friday he did. He somehow managed to find me a COLORBLIND CARD! I Love Colorblind cards but I don't see them around regularly so I was really happy to actually have one. 
This is the one he bought for me.
This is the first colorblind card
that ever caught my eye.

I also love their slogan: "The only thing that should be separated by colour is laundry."
I definitely recommend checking out their website www.colorblindcards.com
I wasn't planning on doing anything special for my birthday but, my friend's band The Thirst, were playing at Jazz Cafe which was also having a 90's Night...
#BOOM!!
#Perfect!

So my boyfriend got me a ticket and a few friends and I went down. I had a brilliant night.

Janet rockin the Box Braids in
Poetic Justice. "Ol' Skool"
It's the first of what I hope are many future birthday celebrations as a natural, lol. Im so used to getting a fresh weave a week before my birthdays, but not anymore.  I know really, considering it was a 90's Night, I should have done the box braids but there was no time.
Instead I some how managed to prepare a whole head of gel-twists in an hour - my fastest time yet; and wore a pinned-up Twistout. I used the Olive Oil Eco-Styler Gel and the pics of the finished look are below.


I've been meaning to tell you guys about The Thirst, who played an absolutely brilliant set on the night, because not only do I love their music but I LOVE their HAIR, which usually consists of 3 Afros and Dredlocks
Love 'em!!
They're currently working on their 2nd album but it's definitely well worth getting the 1st Album "On The Brink" while you wait. I can't tell you how much I have absolutely rinsed that album, and I bought it for at least 2 other friends as a presents.

All in I had a brilliant birthday so thanks to everyone who helped make my day special.
Crystal xx
 
Rockin My Thirst Tee!


P.S Wud Luv U 2 Subscribe x
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell