Good Morning Mixtress

Written By Unknown on Sunday 29 July 2012 | 07:37

GOOD MORNING MIXTRESS

There are a lot of times when I actually don't want to use my best products on my hair. This is usually because I'm in a rush and would rather reserve my special products - the good stuff - for styles that I plan to take more time and care over.

The other morning before work was one of these occasions. In the limited time I had between waking up and leaving for work, I decided to wash and twist my hair, but I didn't want to use my best products like Mango Twist or Twurly Butter, in case I ended up creating a less than satisfactory style in my haste.

Instead I decided to try and mix a natural styling product of my own using Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Gel. The main goal of my mix was to create something that would smooth my hair down and hold my twists well. It was all very rushed so I didn't measure anything but I used Shea Butter as the base, and then about half as much Aloe Vera Gel, and a little bit of coconut oil.

THE RECIPE

--- THE RECIPE ---

 

SHEA BUTTER
Shea Butter to moisturise the hair and smooth it down.







 ALOE VERA GEL
Aloe Vera Gel to smooth the hair down and hold the twists.





COCONUT OIL
Coconut Oil because it is one one of the only oils that is proven to penetrate the hair shaft and helps prevent protein loss from hair.


 
I was surprisingly impressed with my results. My hair felt soft and looked shiny. The twists held pretty well but not quite as good as they do when I use of my good products. Next time I try the recipe I'm going to add more AVG (Aloe Vera Gel) to hopefully give it better hold.


I did the twists on Thursday and I'm currently monitoring  how  long I can make them last so look out for Hair Of The Day (#HOTD) updates of my Facebook & Instsagram.
#HOTD: Twists Day 1

#HOTD: Twists Day 3

Do you have any quick & easy natural hair recipes?

Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell