An Inspiration At Any Age!

Written By Unknown on Monday 10 December 2012 | 09:09

AN INSPIRATION AT ANY AGE!
Skai Jackson (source)

My younger sister came over to stay this weekend.
Not only did she use my brand new Denman brush that I hadn't yet used myself (I was an only child for 15years, Im still learning how to share! Don't judge me, lol),  she also took over the TV, making me sit through hours of Disney Channel and even made me watch The X-Factor.
It wasn't all bad though. There was one particular show called Jessie, and it's pretty much what you'd expect from an American sit-com for kids/teens, think: Clarissa / Sister Sister / Smart Guy etc. What I liked about Jessie was the little girl with her lovely natural hair.
Skai Jackson plays Zuri Ross, one of the main characters in the programme, and her hair is often some lovely variation on what appears to be a twist out.
(source)
(source)
(source)
(source)
I believe you can be an inspiration at any age, and I bet having someone like the character of Zuri on TV is hugely inspirational to many Black females.
When I was young I remember another Black girl telling me they couldn't be a princess because they weren't White. It's scary to think how ideas of inferiority can be developed at such a young age, but it's also amazing how many people will see someone else and suddenly be inspired to believe in themselves as a result.

Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell