Hairstyles: Fiinger Coils On Natural Hair

Written By Unknown on Sunday 23 December 2012 | 07:00

HAIRSTYLES:
FINGER COILS ON NATURAL HAIR

Last weekend I finally tried finger coiling my hair.
It's a style/ technique that I've steered cleared of for fear of how long it would take, and it seems I wasn't wrong.
It took me just under 9 HOURS!! to complete a whole head of finger coils. I began coiling my hair at 3am on Saturday morning and finished just before noon.
You can probably tell from the snippet I filmed below, just how tired I was. As I say in the video it's actually a very easy but incredibly time consuming process.
I basically took very small sections of hair, spritzed with water then smoothed on some Kera Care Natural Textures Hair Milk, followed by Curls Unleashed Curl Boosting Jelly and then twizzled it round and round my finger (about a million and one times).
The hardest part was trying to make the coils hold at the root.
I found that the tips of the hair would coil and set nicely, but the roots would unravel quite easily and become puffy, which was something that bothered me initially but after watching the tutorials by KasheeraLaTash and CharyJay >here< I decided that maybe I didn't have to be overly concerned.
However, I found the hair at the very top/ centre of my head was almost impossible to work with. Despite using the exact same technique and products, the coils refused to hold. I eventually decided to not to release the coils until the product on the hair strand had dried a little. 
In the end I guess I was about 85% pleased with my coiling experiment.
One of the fun things about finger coils is their resemblance to locs. I've always wondered what they'd look like on me, so it was quite fun; but in all honesty I wasn't initially won over by the final look. They looked nothing like the videos I watched, but after 9 hours work, there was no way they were going anywhere for at least 4 days.

I came up with a kind of Side/Up-do that I quite liked so wore them in the same style for the next few days.


Coil-Out
I had hoped that when it came to unravelling my coils, I would be left with a beautifully defined "Coil Out", but the reality wasn't quite what I had imagined; however once I'd finished unravelling the whole head, I actually really liked it....
....So much so, that I may do it again.

What do you think of Finger Coils?

*By the way guys, just in case this is the last post before Christmas, I'd like to wish you all*
a very merry one! God Bless You.
xoxo

 

Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell