From Holiday Hair to Happy New Year

Written By Unknown on Wednesday 2 January 2013 | 10:21

FROM HOLIDAY HAIR to HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
I was really happy with how I managed to style my hair for Christmas.
I copied the style tutorial in the CharyJay/ Fusion Of Cultures' Style Swap vid >here< on YouTube. It was the first time I've ever managed to flat twist the back of my hair, and I was quite proud of my results. In addition, it was also a great protective style that lasted longer than I thought it would.


I twisted my hair using the Design Essentials Twist & Set Setting Lotion, and because I'm currently doing the Castor Oil Challenge >more info here< I oiled my scalp and sealed my ends with a bit of JBCO. The results were great. As well as great hold, my twists were smooth, soft and had great shine.

Similarly to when I tried the Finger Coils >here< my hair didn't turn out exactly the same as what I'd seen in the YouTube tutorial.
My main struggle was creating the pompadour in the front but I worked it out by the end of the week, and getting a shout out from CharyJay on Instagram & Twitter, for my attempts, made it even more worth it, Lol.
Check Out the YouTube below video for a my mini review of the style and its progress.


After 5 days I finally took the twists out in time to go to the Merry Twistmas event. I was really pleased with the definition and continued shine, and managed to style it really quickly using my new Wondercomb accessory.


* MERRY TWISTMAS *
I had a great time catching up with #teamnatural ladies for the final time in 2012.
The event was organised by Bukky of Curlvolution and Wunmi of Woman In The Jungle. It was a night of good music, prizes, dance-offs, and a quiz that I quickly realised I had no hope of winning, although I did win a t-shirt for something else.
There were also gorgeous outfits and fabulous hair styles. 
 My twistout lasted right though to the early hours of  New Years Day, when I found myself on Westminster Bridge as it began to rain; but in all honesty I was ready to kiss goodbye to both the remenants of my curl definition and the year 2012, at about the same time as each other.
Happy New Year to you, and THANK YOU so much for all of your continued support. God willing I'll have plenty more fabulous things to share with you in 2013.
xoxox
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell