Girls vs Curls: How the perm rod played out

Written By Unknown on Sunday 17 March 2013 | 19:25

GIRLS vs CURLS:
HOW THE PERM ROD PLAYED OUT


As I mentioned on Instagram, by the 2nd and 3rd day of my perm rod curls >here<, the only product giving my hair any kind of hope, or at the very least shine, was this Butter Shine by BeUnique Hair Care.
You guys must know by now that I'm a big fan of BeUnique products, but I never really had a need for the Butter Shine so this was my first time trying it out, despite having had it for a while. Had it not been for this product's ability hide the shame of my embarrassingly dull, dry (and dirty) hair, I would've quit the the curly fro on day 2.
Thanks to @cinnirox for this pic
By day 4 I finally gave up and scooped my hair into a lazy top knot. My Dad had already been kind enough to point out that by now my curls were looking more like locs, so I figured it was about time.
The top knot was easily achieved by wetting my desperately thirsty hair with a few handfuls of water before coating my hair with an old Shea Butter-Coconut Oil mix that I had made a while ago, then gently brushing into one. 
It wasn't all bad. My perm rod curls played out over fun few days, spent with @SugarKinesis (sugarkinesis.com), and @Cinnirox (candidcinni.blogspot.co.uk) who came to stay with me in London for a few days. We went exploring from Bricklane to Buckingham Palace. Have a look through the pictures below and you may notice the gradual decline of my curly fro, but I guess hair becomes secondary when your having fun with your girls!
Bathroom antics

Night at the Opera
Products & Presents
Bricklane Graffiti

Vintage shopping
In the booth

Erm..random...

shots by @cinnirox

Buckingham Palace





Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell