Hair Tutorial: Swooping Braid & Bun

Written By Unknown on Sunday 7 April 2013 | 05:00

SWOOPING BRAID & BUN  
TUTORIAL GRID


I'd been wanting to try and create one of these hair tutorial grids for a while, so I figured my recent Bank Holiday hair >here< would be a good one to share.
It's a Swooping Braid and Bun. (I think some people call it a goddess braid.)
What d'you think?



1.
I began by moisturising and detangling my hair.
(I used KeraCare Natural Textures Leave-In Conditioner)

2.
I made a side parting at the front left-side of my hair, before separating 2/3rds of my hair over to the right with a hair band, and plaiting the final section of hair down the left-side of my head

3.
I began plaiting the front/ right section of my hair, starting with a small amount as close to the parting as possible.

4.
To create the "Swoop" I pulled the plait forward and pulled more hair into it as I went along.

5.
I continued as far around as I could, but I struggle to plait the back of my hair so I took it about half way.

6.
I pulled both plaits and the remaining loose hair into a side ponytail.

7.
I plaited the ponytail

8.
...And pinned the end away.

9.
All done


I like to pull out a small curl on the opposite side of the swoop, but that's optional.
I usually keep this style for about 3 days by wearing a headscarf at night.




Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell