Home » , , , , , , , , , , » Style Trial & Product Review: Design Essentials Mousse on Flexi-Rod Set

Style Trial & Product Review: Design Essentials Mousse on Flexi-Rod Set

Written By Unknown on Thursday 11 April 2013 | 05:23

STYLE TRIAL & PRODUCT REVIEW:
Design Essentials Curl Enhancing Mousse on a Flexi-Rod Set

This week I tried the Design Essentials Mousse and I was really impressed. 
I cant wait to use it again. I used it to set my hair on flexi-rods, as suggested by some of my followers on Instagram, who gave me some tips after I posted my first flexi-rod fail >here<.

I love the smell of the mousse, which was sweet and fruity, and it was great for smoothing the hair down on to the rods.
The mousse is more of a light bubbly foam, than a thick expanding one, and I cant wait to try it for a "wash & go" when the weather improves.
I followed the instructions and used the mousse on freshly washed hair, and since there was no mention of using a leave-in conditioner, I didn't.

I was a bit concerned about this as I ALWAYS use a leave-in after washing my hair, but when I removed the rods, the curls came out really well and my hair felt soft. 
I was really impressed that it had not left my hair dry and crunch or alternatively, soft but greasy. I was able to go to work and let my colleagues play with my curls, with confidence, knowing they wouldn't come away with product on their finger tips.

The only thing letting down my look was the state of my ends, that are in desperate need of a trim; and the fact that I only set one side as I wasn't sure how it would turn out, so I was forced to plait & pin the other side (in a hurried and less than impressive fashion) before running out to work.
As for flexi-rods, I think I prefer twist-outs but they were fun to play with.
I think the curls came out much better this time because I used less hair, and I like the fact that flexi-rods seem to be less time consuming; but I think my twisting technique to secure the rods needs to improve before I become a fan, because my roots were still quite puffy.
Price:
I was sent this product from the good people at Design Essentials but it's available online priced £8.95 from Afrotherapy.com

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Polyquaternium 55, Cetyl Triethylmonium Olivate Dimethicone PEG-8 Succinate, Decyl Glucoside, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone (and) Caprylyl Glycol, PEG 75 Lanolin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethicone Coployol, Citric Acid, FD&C Blue No.1 (C.I.42090), FD&C Yellow No.5 (C.I. 19140)



Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell