The Weekends Hair

Written By Unknown on Thursday 26 April 2012 | 07:07

THE WEEKEND'S HAIR
This weekend was one of experiments. I think going natural is all about trial & error in the early stages, so this weekend I tried using Perm Rods on my natural hair for the very first time.
I got the idea from Kimmay's Corrine Bailey Rae Style video (Click Here). I've tried it before on Bantu Knot-Outs before (as she does in the video) but both times have been a fail. This time I figured I'd try again but instead of doing the ends in Bantu knots I set them on Perm Rods.
I began by flat-twisting my wet hair with Eco Styler Gel before rolling the ends onto the rods.


Unfortunately I didnt have enough time to let it dry completely, which inevitably meant it failed. The parts that did dry looked lovely but there was more frizz than there were curls.



A last minute hair fail is never good when you're running late but it does push the boundaries of your creativity. I figured a Fro-hawk was probably gona be my best option so I quickly checked out some of the vids on my recommended viewing page to see how to do a fro-hawk. This was the end result.


I've never worn a Fro-Hawk before, and if Im honest I felt completely out of my comfort zone - it was almost like that first week without my weave, but just like that first week, I decided to roll with it.
 


By the end of the night I still had fun and felt good.
Note-to-Self: Don't be afraid to try something new!


Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell