Mixed Chicks Official UK Launch Party

Written By Unknown on Wednesday 17 October 2012 | 03:42

MIXED CHICKS
OFFICIAL UK LAUNCH PARTY


This week I received an email inviting me to Curls In The City to celebrate the official launch of Mixed Chicks products in the UK.
The theme of the event was Sex And The City so I decided to pull out my LBD, put on my heels and try and bring out my inner Bradshaw.

Myself and Leah turned up at the Piccadilly Institute where we were signed off the list and headed upstairs to the small bar area for cocktails and cupcakes.
@stylisoulstars & @crystalafro

Classic SATC style Cosmopolitans of course!
 All the cocktails, hot snacks and cakes were free and I still can't believe just how lucky we were to get the box set of FullSize Mixed Chicks Products as well as travel samples.

It was great meeting the Founders of Mixed Chicks Wendi Levy & Kim Etheridge, and listening to how they started out by first developing a leave-in conditioner to cater to their own common needs, but have since gone on to produce a line of products that are loved by so many people including many celebrities.
The Mixed Chicks Team

I was pleased to hear that the products work on all hair types and all races, as Mixed Chicks Spokeswoman Tori Hawkins pointed out, hair products do not respond to your race, they respond to your hair texture, which is why celebrities ranging from Halle Berry to Macy Gray, are all fans of the products. I was glad this point was emphasised because I've heard a lot of great reports about Mixed Chicks from ladies who are mixed race, but I wasn't sure if it was worth me giving it a go. Now I have the box set and the reassurance of the ladies, I cant wait to give it a try.
There was also a demo by celebrity stylist Michelle Sultan whose clients include Solange Knowles, Alesha Dixon and Freema Agyman (who has recently landed a role in Sex And The City).
DJ Jakki Degg, Singers Lisa Maffia & Javine

Despite the miserable mid-week weather, Thursday afternoon was an absolute treat and I'm hugely grateful for the invite and the cocktails which were a lovely pick-me up before I then had to head off to work later that evening.
(The busy life of a City Girl never stops! Lol)
xoxo


Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell