Home » , , , , , , , , , » A Blow Out & A Drastic (but necessary) Trim

A Blow Out & A Drastic (but necessary) Trim

Written By Unknown on Wednesday 24 April 2013 | 01:00



As with the previous post, my Instagram Fam will already know the deal, but following my CoWash & Go >here<, I decided to blow-dry my hair to straighten it out a bit so I could give it a trim.

Blow Out & Drastic Trim
My wash & go made me realise how desperately the ends of my hair needed trimming. I had a horrible combination of split ends and single strand knots, that were making the ends of my hair feel rough, and were creating unnecessary tangles.


I washed my hair and used a light protein treatment, to prepare it for blow-drying. After applying a leave-in conditioner, I left my hair in twists to dry out a bit overnight.
The next morning I used Mixed Chicks Hair Silk as a heat protectant. 


I dont really enjoy blow drying my hair for various reasons:
  • I'm not very good at it
  • I dont like using heat directly on my hair because of the potential heat damage
  • I have no patience (and often dont have the time) to blow-dry on a cool setting 


But I do prefer to trim my hair when it's blow-dried straight as opposed to when it's curly, because the damaged sections are much more obvious to the touch.

I watched the BeUnique video >here< on trimming natural hair, and it reminded me how good it feels when I'm able to run my fingers all the way through my hair. With that thought in my head, I was ready to start snipping.


I think I'd been avoiding trimming my hair because I was afraid to get rid of the length I'd gained during the Castor Oil Challenge >here<.
It probably would've been better if I had trimmed sooner as I wouldn't have had to take off so much. Unfortunately, it had been quite a while so I decided it was necessary to make a few drastic cuts, as opposed to snips.


Whenever I trim my hair I like to protect the freshly exposed ends straight away by putting my hair into a protective style, so I put it in twists using a sample of Jane Carter's Curl Defining Cream, I had laying around. 

Check in tomorrow for more deets on my protective style.
Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell