Home » , , , , , , , , , , » Co-Wash & Go Product and Style Trial: Design Essentials Defining Creme Gel & African Pride Shea Butter Miracle Leave-In Conditioner

Co-Wash & Go Product and Style Trial: Design Essentials Defining Creme Gel & African Pride Shea Butter Miracle Leave-In Conditioner

Written By Unknown on Tuesday 23 April 2013 | 01:00


If you follow me on Instagram >here< you'll know that last week I tried quite a few things with my hair. It began with a Co-wash & Go, followed by a blow out and a trim, and finally my current protective style. I'll be updating the blog with all 3 this week so keep an eye out, you can also check out pics right now, over on my Facebook page >here<

The Co-Wash & Go
I began by co-washing my hair with my fav co-wash product:
Tresemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Conditioner
.


Straight after washing my hair, while it was still wet, I applied
African Pride Shea Butter Miracle Leave In Conditioner
My first impressions of this product are pretty good. It's great for detangling and the tub is pretty large (425g/ 15oz) for just £2.99. It smells great, really sweet with a nice scent of mango, and I like the way it smooths along my coils really nicely. 


I was warned that it can leave bits, and I must admit I did have to smooth it in quite a lot to get rid of the white residue, but to be fair a lot of that sank in as it dried, and I was quite heavy handed with the product.  I probably didn't need to use as much as I did.
I'll do a full product review after my next use.


While the leave in was sinking in, I began applying
Design Essentials Defining Creme Gel to sections of my hair. 
First impressions: It's quite a thick and heavy product so compounded with the generous  amount of leave-in I'd applied, it took quite a while to dry, but when my hair was about 90% dry (still damp at the roots) I was really liking the results.


 Again, I was a little heavy handed with this product, but I was having fun experimenting.
I'm looking forward to using this product again (a little more seriously next time). Thanks to Design Essentials for sending me a tub to try out.

All in all, I liked what I tried, but the next morning I did notice some bits in my hair, so next time I'll use a little less of each product and probably use them separately.


Share this article :
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. brendonoconnell